What to pack when moving to UK
Are you moving to the UK? If so, you’re going to need to pack appropriately. There are a few things you’ll want to make sure you bring with you, and a few things you’ll want to leave behind. Here’s a list of what to pack when moving to the UK.
- Your clothing
The clothes that you pack should be seasonally appropriate. In the summer, you’ll want to pack light, airy clothing that will keep you cool. In the winter, you’ll want to pack heavier items like sweaters and coats.
- A variety of shoes. You’ll need dress shoes for work or special occasions, casual shoes for everyday wear, and comfortable walking shoes for exploring the city.
- Pack your important documents. This includes your passport, visa, birth certificate, and any other paperwork you might need.
- Don’t forget your medications. If you take prescription drugs, be sure to bring enough with you to last until you can get a new prescription in the UK.
- Bring a few sentimental items. Whether it’s a photo album or your favorite blanket, packing a few items that will make you feel at home can be very helpful when you’re settling into a new place.
- Don’t forget the basics. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. These are all things you’ll need to buy when you get to the UK, so pack them in your suitcase to save yourself a trip to the store.
- An adapter for your electronics. The electrical outlets in the UK are different from those in other countries, so you’ll need an adapter in order to use your electronic devices.
- A map of the UK. This will come in handy when you’re trying to find your way around a new city.
- A good book. Whether you’re looking for something to read on the plane or you want to curl up with a good book on a rainy day, make sure you pack one (or two) in your suitcase.
- An umbrella. You never know when it might rain, so it’s always best to be prepared.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when packing for your move to the UK. Remember, the most important thing is to pack light and only bring the essentials. With a little planning, you’ll be sure to have everything you need for your big move.
Need help packing and moving your belongings from Dubai to the UK? Connect with Partner Movers today!